Capricorn men are some of the most ambitious and disciplined guys you’ll ever meet. They’re hard-working, loyal to their friends and family, and good at business. They also have an authoritative personality that can make them seem like a bossy know-it-all who’s always right – even when they’re wrong.
What else should you know about dating a Capricorn man? Keep reading to find out everything you should look out for – and learn whether it’s a relationship worth pursuing.
What He’s Like in a Relationship
- Capricorns can seem shy when meeting someone new, but tend to open up once you get to know them better.
- Capricorns are loyal to their partners. They don’t believe in cheating and will do anything possible to make sure their marriage is always stable and happy.
- A Capricorn partner expects good treatment in return for his own actions.
- Capricorns are patient and persistent. He will do anything to find his soul-mate – someone who truly understands him and will be there for the long haul.
- A Capricorn man needs a supportive partner who can help him reach his goals. He’s extremely career oriented and needs a woman who can help him reach his potential.
- Capricorns are known for their hard-working nature and even keener sense of responsibility, which they take seriously in relationships too.
- Capricorn men will usually need time alone to think about what they want. Moving too quickly without thinking things through can be bad for everyone involved.
His Best First Date
You’ve caught his attention and are starting to get the door open with this Capricorn man – so the next step is making your move.
As you may already know, dating a Capricorn man can be challenging. Fortunately for you, there are some things that you should know to help plan the optimal first date with a Capricorn man:. Here are some quick tips
- Avoid large gatherings. Instead, plan intimate, one-on-one activities. This way, you can get to know each other on your own terms and in personalized surroundings – while at the same time, allowing him to feel comfortable enough to show his true personality
- Put on your best manners, and don’t be overly flirtatious
- Show off your intelligence and witty personality. Talk about your career and future career aspirations while keeping the conversation engaged.
- Allow him to take the lead, and be patient. These strong, silent men are known for being friends first before getting romantic.
- Don’t act elusive around him or play games to make him jealous.
What He’s Like in the Bedroom
While the Capricorn man may seem reserved, he’s actually extremely passionate. He’s willing to get deep and intimate with the right person.
As someone with patience and care, he’ll do whatever it takes to show you a great time.
It may take a few dates before he’s ready for heading to the next base in the relationship, but it’ll be well worth the wait in the end. Capricorn men love a challenge – so be sure to mention if you’d like him to experiment with something special or a bit different than you’re used to.
How to Attract a Capricorn Man
You’ll need to be confident and take charge. He also needs an intelligent woman that can have deep conversations with him.
If you’re not the type of person who enjoys serious conversation, then this relationship may not work out for either one of you!
If you’re interested in a new relationship with him, it’s best to approach him after he’s had time to recover from any break-ups or disappointments that have recently occurred.
A Capricorn man is reserved until he has developed feelings for someone. However, once they emotions develop, he’ll give the relationship his full love and affection.
Read on to learn the 18 things you should know before dating him.
1. He’s someone you can trust.
What could be more attractive than having someone you can depend on in your corner? You’ll find that Capricorn men are trustworthy people, so you can be confident that he’d never lie to you about anything.
2. He’s extremely ambitious.
If you’re looking for someone who’ll always want to put your own dreams first, then this type of person might not be right for you.
Capricorn men tend to take care of themselves first, as they believe it’s up to them if they want to succeed in life. There are no guarantees that he’ll follow through with any goal set by you unless it aligns directly with his own desires.
3. He can be very dominating.
Capricorn men are known to be more dominating and controlling in a relationship. In fact, they like being the ones making all the important decisions.
Many marriages have been ruined by his authoritative tendencies. For example, he might start telling you how to dress or what activities to participate in with your friends if it conflicts with his plans for that day.
Even though Capricorn guys are usually quite stubborn when it comes to these things, there’s still hope for keeping your marriage together – just make sure he realizes who the real boss is!
4. They hate drama.
If you’re the type of person who gets into arguments or drama often, this isn’t going to be a good match.
Capricorn men are very low-key, and just want peace in their lives. They prefer being around people who can keep things calm and not create any unnecessary negativity.
5. He knows how to make a girl happy.
Maybe one of the most attractive things about a Capricorn man is that he knows how to make a girl happy. He’s the type of person who’ll show up with flowers or chocolates at just the right moment.
Even better, is the fact that you’ll never have to worry about him not being there for you when it matters most.
6. He’s not only after one night of passion.
One thing that might make a Capricorn man different from other men is the fact that he isn’t just looking for one night of just sex.
He knows it takes more than an intense connection to keep things interesting, and wants something substantial in his life – which could be you!
7. He wants to feel special.
The best tip for dating a Capricorn man is that he wants to feel special. Capricorns are fiercely devoted, and it’s important for their partner to display devotion in return by:
- Supporting his dreams and aspirations
- Complimenting him regularly
- Taking a keen interest in his projects
- Asking for his views on topics and situations
- Initiating affection on a daily basis
8. He’s a major sentimentalist.
Capricorn men are all about loyalty and love. They want to be with someone who’ll reciprocate that feeling too. If you’re looking for an emotional connection with someone, then a Capricorn man is perfect for you!
He can even be major husband material in the future.
9. They can be very stubborn.
The Capricorn man doesn’t believe in settling, so they’ll go after what they really want (for as long as it takes to get it. This trait makes them hard-headed at times, but also highly successful when they do finally accomplish their goals.
10. They have strong family values.
The Capricorn man is very close to his family and will often talk about them before they talk about themselves. Their loyalty to their family and friends is unrivalled – so if you want a guy who has your back, he might just be the one.
11. They can be fiercely independent.
Capricorn men are independent, so you’ll need to be patient and let him do his own thing at times. His behavior may even come across as distant or not caring enough sometimes.
If you can handle all these qualities about the Capricorn man or are similar yourself, then this might just be the love match of your life!
12. They can be introverted.
He’s an introvert with a strong need for solitude – which can make him seem aloof or withdrawn to people who don’t know him that well. He enjoys his own company and loves doing quiet things on his own including reading books or painting.
If you end up being in a relationship with this guy, it’s important to be understanding about his introverted tendency. He may not be suited for extroverted women who love to socialize every day of the week.
Capricorn males are very easy going and calm people – but can sometimes have a hard time at the start of a new relationship because they can get pretty distant at times.
13. He likes to think deeply.
The Capricorn man is a deep thinker. He usually has strong opinions on anything he can think of and will have tons to say when it comes to any conversation topic you bring up – no matter how superficial or in-depth the subject may seem.
14. He likes to look his best.
The Capricorn man is always well put together. He likes to dress up, even if it’s just for a day at work or an afternoon grocery shopping with some friends. He takes care of himself first, before spending time on anyone else!
15. You’ll need a lot of patience.
Possessing a cautious yet practical attitude towards life, Capricorn men are conscious of the effects of their actions on their karma.
They like to take their time and go at a pace that’s comfortable when it comes to dating, work related tasks, and even menial tasks like buying furniture. They want to think everything through logically before jumping into anything too quickly – which can make an impatient person frustrated – but that’s just who he is!
Before he can commit to a relationship, he’ll look at the pros and cons. He knows that relationships require a lot of work and can end badly, so he’ll be hesitant to jump into anything too soon.
He’ll never move on impulse alone – so you may have to wait before you can get an answer. However, these are good qualities if you value patience!
You’ll also know that he means whatever he says, and you don’t have to worry about him changing his mind or about his feelings changing for you.
16. He’s reliable.
Capricorn men are always reliable. He’s the kind of person you can be confident that he’ll never let you down. You don’t have to worry about him telling his friends your secrets or kissing & telling!
17. He has a good sense of humor.
Capricorns tend to come off as being serious, making them seem like they aren’t able to laugh or have fun easily – but this couldn’t be more wrong!
These guys are actually pretty funny when given the right opportunity, and you’ll have hundreds of private jokes in no time at all.
18. Every Capricorn is different.
While these tips give an insight into men with the Capricorn sign, don’t take everything at face value. Not all Capricorn men are the same.
While the above information applies to Capricorn men in general, there’s much more to him than just his zodiac sign.
The Bottom Line
Capricorn men rank at #9 on our list of zodiac signs that make the best boyfriends ranked from best to worst. Dating a Capricorn man will take patience, but the end result is well worth it. He’s ambitious, and determined to always be the best.
Though it may take some time, a Capricorn man will open up if you’re willing to put in the work of getting past their shell and showing them that they’re special and worth taking risks with.
Just don’t give up on him too soon! Be patient and persistent – because eventually, he’ll come around.
If you’d like to find out more about a different Zodiac or other star sign compatibilities, check out our complete guide to Horoscopes – and learn how they impact relationships.