Women tend to crave security when choosing the right partner. We want someone we can trust, especially when it comes to a lifelong commitment like marriage; someone who’ll be a good provider, a good husband, and ideally, a great father.
No matter how independent or strong a woman is, she wants the man next to her to take care of her and do all the right things, no matter what. A reliable man makes a great husband.
There are a few characteristics worth knowing when it comes to deciding which star sign makes the best husband, so the following list is a great place to start.
Read on to find out which zodiac signs make the best husband – ranked from best to worst.
1. Taurus (April 20 – May 20)
It seems you can’t go wrong with marrying a Taurus! You’ve found yourself a real treasure. The Taurus man is the ultimate marriage material (and in that regard, he’s very similar to the Taurus woman).
Some of the characteristics that make him such a reliable husband include:
- He’s a committed partner
- Ensures the home is comfortable, beautiful and cozy
- Sturdy and faithful
- Great with kids and a great father
- A great provider
- Focused on the right things in life
- Always there when you need him
- More family-oriented than career-oriented
- Warm and caring
- Traditional and law-abiding
- Easy to talk to and a great listener
- Kind and gentle
Taurus will take marriage really seriously and build a solid home with you. He is a faithful partner who won’t just get bored of you after a few years. In fact, the longer he stays with the love of his life, the more he falls for her.
2. Virgo (August 23 – September 22)
The Virgo man makes a wonderful husband and is known to be the most faithful of all the star signs, which is always good news. He wants to provide for his family and aims to constantly improve himself in all areas of his life. Here are the reasons why he makes such a good husband:
- He values trust above all else in marriage.
- He’ll be respectful of you, no matter what.
- He’s dedicated, so you won’t have to second guess anything with him.
- He seeks balance in the relationship, leaving enough room for you to have space for yourself when you need it.
- He’s not clingy or possessive.
- He won’t let the romance die in the relationship.
- He’s observant and will spot when you need him before you even tell him that you do.
- He’s hardworking and is bound to shine in his chosen career field.
3. Libra (September 23 – October 22)
The Libra man is all about balance, respect, and autonomy. Once this man falls for you there’s no going back. He’s committed and loyal. He speaks his mind and encourages you to do exactly the same.
Some of the reasons why he will make a great husband are listed below:
- He searches for that special person – and when he finds her, you know he’s committed for life.
- He’ll treat you with the most respect.
- He won’t compare you to an ex-girlfriend; in fact, his past ceases to exist the minute he falls for you.
- He appreciates a woman who knows her worth and isn’t afraid to speak her mind.
- He’s ambitious and intelligent.
- He avoids confrontation and aims to be a peacemaker.
- He’s highly logical when it comes to decision-making.
Some of Libra’s qualities may be a double-edged sword when it comes to communication in a relationship, but it would be up to you to decide whether you can live with them if they’re dealbreakers.
4. Cancer (June 21 – July 22)
The Cancer man is all about family life. There isn’t anything that comes higher on his priority list. With this man, you know you’ve met a partner for life. He’s traditional, disciplined, and responsible. You won’t have too many surprises; you’ll always know where you stand with him.
Here are a few of the reasons why a Cancer man makes one of the best husbands:
- He’s caring and devoted and will make you feel like the most special woman on the planet.
- He values respect in marriage above all else.
- He wants to open up to his spouse about anything, there will be no secrets between you
- He’s got lots of emotions he wants to express
- He wants to learn from his partner and grow alongside her
- He would literally do anything for the woman he loves and won’t let anything stand in his way
The Cancer man is complex. He can be a little intense and clingy, but depending on how you treat him, he should be able to find the right balance and know what your boundaries are. Overall, this man makes a great husband if you know how to treat him right.
5. Leo (July 23 – August 22)
Leo might walk into your life acting like the leader of the pack, but deep down, he’s a big softie. The lion king will purr at your feet if you treat him the right way. He’s bright and cheery, he’ll show you a good time, and then he’ll be ready to settle down in no time.
Here are a few of his qualities that make him great marriage material:
- He knows what he wants when he sees it and goes after it with pure determination
- He loves a bit of competition, so would gladly win your heart over other admirers
- He’s warm and bubbly and no day can be dull with him
- He’s romantic and likes to splurge on grand gestures and intimate moments
- He will treat you like a queen, as long as you treat him like a king
- He will admire you and respect you and show it openly
- He will gladly share the spotlight with you
When he becomes a father, he will be the most dedicated dad you know, always there for his kid’s soccer games, school plays, and trips. Check out these 10 Things You Should Know About Dating a Leo Man to find out more about him.
6. Aries (March 21 – April 19)
The Aries man is a natural-born husband. He never flees from his responsibilities and knows how to treat a woman (just take a look at these sexy Aries celebs and see for yourself!).
He makes a fantastic husband if you aim to grow together, learn from one another, and need each other to help you chase your goals. Here is why you should marry an Aries man:
- He’s incredibly supportive and always knows what to say and do.
- He has a zest for life that’s unmatched by any other star sign.
- He knows how to handle conflict in an emotionally mature way.
- He’s driven by always finding a solution to a problem; no challenge is too big for him.
- If you’re ambitious, adventurous, and energetic, he’ll make a great partner.
- Once married, he’ll never let the romance die; he continues to show his spouse his affection, appreciation, and shows them how important they are.
7. Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)
The Capricorn man is typically in no hurry to get married, so you might want to keep that in mind if you’re dating one. He’s 100% focused on his career and ensuring that he is financially comfortable.
The plus side to this is that when he does decide to get married, he’ll be a great provider – and you won’t have to worry about money. He wants to have a long, happy, and comfortable life with the woman he loves. Here’s what he’s like as a husband:
- He’s got your best interest at heart and wants to see you succeed.
- He usually has great advice; just ask him!
- He tends to be stubborn and stuck in his ways.
- His poor communication skills may be a challenge for you, unless you’re one of his star sign matches.
8. Pisces (February 19 – March 20)
The Pisces man has a lot of faith in relationships, love, and building a family – which makes him a really desirable husband. What he needs to work on, though, is how he copes with failure and disappointment. He can be a real high achiever!
Here’s what he’s like in a marriage:
- Not great at handling conflict, he might stray and cheat because he sees it as an escape (here are the signs that a pisces man is cheating on you!).
- Usually overwhelmed by stress, he’ll need a lot of care, support and affection.
- He builds his life on strong values and a strong moral centre.
- He’s a good provider and a good father.
- When married to a well-grounded and practical partner, he can be at his best.
- His perseverance can border on stubbornnes – but he won’t give up easily on the things he wants.
9. Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)
If you decide to marry a Sagittarius man, you should be prepared for some risks. It’s hard to pin this man down, as he’s extremely averse to marriage or staying at home. He seeks adventure and excitement – and he’d gladly take a leap of faith for a crazy idea.
Perhaps not the easiest one to live with, here’s what he’s like in marriage:
- He tends to be a bit high-maintenance.
- He loves his independence and wants his partner to be the same.
- He’s an intellectual who loves to talk to his spouse about all sorts of ideas and beliefs.
- He stays committed only when he’s got a really strong emotional connection.
- If you become too dependent on him, he will rebel.
10. Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)
Be careful not to disappoint this man, as one of his biggest fears is to be abandoned. He just can’t deal with rejection. The Scorpio man can easily become too dependent on his spouse and show his clingy and needy side. Here is what he’s like in marriage:
- He can’t stand being alone, and might struggle to give you the space you need.
- You’ll need to keep reassuring him of your love for him and his worth.
- He’d do anything for his family.
- His obsessive behavior is what usually ends his relationships prematurely.
If the enticing scorpion intrigues you, check out these Top 23 Sexiest Celeb Scorpio Men!
11. Gemini (May 21 – June 20)
As fun as he can be, the Gemini man can be quite the handful when it comes to lifelong commitment. He loves his independence and freedom so much that he’ll need to find someone pretty special to settle down with. He’s only ever satisfied if he has enough novelty, variety, excitement, and adventure in his life.
Here are some of his traits as a husband:
- He’s responsible and charming.
- Geminis often lack sensitivity and struggle to show real emotion.
- He gets easily bored in his relationships and needs a partner who can keep him on his toes/
- Life and relationships are about fun for him.
12. Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)
At the bottom of the list of best husbands on the zodiac, we find the Aquarius man, who is the least suitable for marriage. He often finds the concept of marriage completely repulsive and chooses to stay away from it.
Here are some of his qualities:
- He struggles to stay committed
- He can be nervous, edgy and anxious, becoming a bit of a challenge to date or be married to.
- Being tied down to one woman for the rest of his life scares him.
The Bottom Line
As much as all the star signs exhibit specific characteristics when it comes to relationships and marriage, choosing a husband isn’t that straightforward. At the end of the day, you could marry a man who’s your polar opposite and still have an amazing and happy life together.
If you’d like to find out more about a different Zodiac or other star sign compatibilities, check out our complete guide to Horoscopes – and learn how they impact relationships.