There are many types of bodies that men find attractive, and it’s difficult to say which type is the most – however, a few body types seem to be more popular than others in modern society.
You can learn more about the different body types by clicking here, but let’s start by looking at the most attractive body type – which is backed up by surveys of men around the world.
The Hourglass Figure!
The hourglass figure is a body type that has been popular for decades. This hourglass body shape features a small waist with larger hips and buttocks and consists of similar ratios in women who have large breasts, large hips, and relatively smaller waists.
This is great news for all women who thought we needed to be skinny to have a great body!
According to university research, it was determined that men generally find women more attractive when their waists measure about 30% smaller than their hip measurements – and studies show that this waist-to-hip ratio exists in several different cultures around the world.
While a woman with a waist-to-hip ratio of 0.7 is said to qualify as having an “hourglass figure”, it’s important to note that it doesn’t matter if you’re thin, medium, or large.
Why is the hourglass figure attractive?
The female body is designed to create and nurture life. In an evolutionary sense, a woman’s shape helps her provide for children by storing more fat in the hips, increasing the chances of conceiving, and providing enough room for the baby to grow.
Studies have shown that women with thinner waists also seem to appear younger to men – which they find more attractive (hardly a surprise).
Body Shape and Age
It’s commonly believed that size doesn’t matter when it comes to beauty, but depending on culture, there can be a connection between weight and the perceived age of women.
For example, in some cultures, an overweight woman is seen as being “younger”, while other countries, such as China, consider a heavier female to be more mature and older-looking than her thin counterpart, who appears younger.
The Second Most Attractive Body Type?
The next most attractive body to men is the athletic build. This is a fit or toned body with an inverted triangle torso.
The mesomorph body type has become more popular in recent years, due in large part to the emphasis on exercise and healthy eating that has been promoted by many celebrities and athletes.
What Women Think
Treadmill Review recently conducted a survey asking 1000 Americans what their “ideal” body type was. According to the results, women want a taller and slightly slimmer female figure with an average weight of 128 pounds, while still maintaining voluptuous curves in all the right places, a slim waistline, and ample breasts, butt, and hips that are proportionate to height.
Which Female Body Part is Most Attractive to Men?
The most recent study conducted by a team of researchers found that men rate women’s faces as their favorite part of a woman’s body.
The butt came in second at 18%, while hair came in third at 11%. Legs, boobs, eye color, and body shape filled the rest of the positions.
The Fitrated.com website conducted a poll of 2,000 people, asking which body build they found the most attractive. When given a range of body types, a whopping 48% of straight men chose women with bodies that fall under the category “curvy”…
The study also found that 24.1% of the guys preferred “average”, while 22.4% preferred their women to be “thin”.
Interestingly, guys that liked curvy women said that breasts were their favorite body part, whereas those who like thin women said that nothing beats the bum!
What Causes the Hourglass Figure?
You shouldn’t lose or gain weight just to attract the opposite sex! The most important thing is that you’re healthy and happy – and this doesn’t mean being happy for a few weeks. Definitely not! It’s important to be happy for your whole life, which means making certain decisions when it comes to your lifestyle and eating habits.
Of course, making your waist thinner through diet is one way to improve on an hourglass figure. Although it won’t actually make your hips wider, doing butt exercises will give the appearance of an hourglass while adding curves in all the right places. Weighted squats, lunges, and hip thrusts will do wonders for adding muscle to your bum.
Just remember what your end result looks like and keep working towards achieving it – ut don’t forget about the little things that are crucial for your health, even if they aren’t outwardly beautiful – such as making sure to eat breakfast every morning.
How to Care for Your Body
The best way to achieve your dream body is to be consistent with your goal of having an hourglass figure. You can’t rush things and expect to wake up one morning “hotter than ever”! Here are some tips on caring for your body that’ll help you healthily reach your goals:
- If you want to get a slimmer waist, focus on lowering calorie intake and increasing calorie expenditure through exercise.
- Eat just enough to avoid feeling overly hungry, while avoiding over-eating at all costs!
- Keep in mind that losing 1% of your body weight per week is considered safe for most people looking to lose weight.
- You don’t need to religiously weigh yourself every morning. In fact, most people shouldn’t even weigh themselves regularly. Instead, just be sure to track your weight over time (i.e., weekly or once a month).
- Leafy greens are super important! Eating a diet rich in greens will help fill you up and give you lots of energy without all the calories.
- Drink more water! Water helps flush out toxins from our bodies and keeps us full longer. Pretty awesome, right? Be sure to drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water each day for best results.
- Focus on legumes/beans if it’s protein you need! Beans are packed with protein and fiber, which will help keep you full without adding unnecessary calories.
- If you’re looking for food with healthy fats, look no further than avocados! Avocados are so good for us that they’ve been called “The Good Fat” by nutritionists and health experts. Not only are they delicious but they’re also packed with monounsaturated fatty acids, which are known to help reduce cholesterol.
- Get some color on your plate! Eating a rainbow of fruits and veggies is usually best for overall health and nutrition, but also helps if you know what vitamins and nutrients each color contains. For example, red foods – such as beets, watermelon, and tomatoes – contain lycopene, which can help protect our hearts.
- Eat more fiber! This nutrient helps us stay full longer while keeping the calories down. Be sure to eat two pieces of whole grains in addition to two servings of fruits and veggies each day for optimal health.
- Get moving! Exercise not just for weight loss, but for general health and well-being. Be sure to include strength training into your routine at least two or three times per week to help you lose weight and tone up. For something new, try exercising naked!
The Bottom Line
The most attractive body shape to men is the hourglass figure, which is one with a smaller waist in comparison to the butt and chest.
Culture also plays a big part in what men find attractive. For example, in some cultures, a fuller figure is appealing – while in others, the opposite can be true.
It’s important to be confident in your body and how you look, no matter what anyone else thinks! Don’t starve yourself or otherwise compromise your health in an attempt to obtain a smaller waist-to-hip ratio. The perfect match for you will love you regardless of your body type!
If you’re looking for ways to be naturally more attractive to men, it’s important to be yourself! Here are some resources that can help: