Taurus is the second star sign in the zodiac, signified by the bull, and represents women born between April 20 and May 20. Ruled by the planet Venus, Taurus women are so down to earth; they’re known as the earthiest star sign in the zodiac. They’re famous for their loyalty, practicality, authenticity and their focus on family and close relationships.
Before exploring the best matches for a Taurus woman from the entire zodiac, Keep reading to take a deep dive into her core personality traits, the type of person she’s attracted to, and what she seeks in a romantic relationship.
Characteristics of a Taurus Woman
- It can be really easy to spot a Taurus woman. She stands out, and instantly makes you feel like you’ve known her forever and extremely comfortable in her presence. People trust her and open up to her because she’s easy to be around, easy to talk to, and attracts many people as friends. Men feel great in her company.
- The Taurus woman doesn’t need adventure or excitement every day of her life. She appreciates consistency and routine as long as she’s in charge of her surroundings.
- She seeks that special someone, and when she finds him, she’s devoted to him for life. She doesn’t need more convincing or thinking it through.
- A Taurus woman treats her home as her fortress – a truly sacred space for her and those she cares about.
- A relationship for the Taurus woman is a lot about learning, growth and intellectual challenges and less about adventure, excitement and new experiences.
- The Taurus woman is intrigued by oddities, quirks and eccentricity, but just for a moment. What she truly craves is good rules, proper etiquette, traditional values, and solid morals.
- She craves financial security in order to secure a stable home life, and will therefore pick a stable job and stick to a linear career path. It’s highly unlikely that she’ll jump from one job to another or change career paths if she’s feeling bored.
- Taurus women often bear other people’s emotional burdens on their shoulders. Because they’re so emotionally invested in their loved ones, they tend to need long periods of proper rest and isolation, often veering off into laziness.
- She craves consistency and routine so much that she doesn’t mind if every day is the same as the previous one, and hates any aspect of change that she isn’t in control of.
- A Taurus woman is usually a little old-fashioned, as she grounds herself in tradition. She isn’t one to go wild with a crazy new haircut or a crazy idea, and doesn’t much like to try new things. Her traditionalism means that she gravitates towards people who also exhibit traditional views.
- She’s best known for her unwavering morals, and the fact that she can be quite black and white when it comes to personal values and views on life. It’s unlikely that a Taurus will change her values over throughout her life. She’s quite set in her ways, and sees nothing wrong with that.
- She’s calm, easy-going and composed, which can sometimes be perceived as naïve. However, behind her calm or quiet demeanor, she’s strong and determined – and can be very stubborn, especially when she believes she’s right.
What Does She Look For in a Partner?
A Taurus woman has no time for wasteful relationships, one-night stands or dating games. She finds a mate for life at a young age, because she knows who she wants, and more importantly – she is fully aware of who she doesn’t want.
- Her partner should also have strong morals, is someone she can count on to always be there, someone who will commit to her for life, and won’t question her reality of her beliefs.
- She seeks a partner who’ll be an attentive listener and will make her feel heard – and who also enjoys having stimulating conversations about art, cinema, travel, and literature, and among other things.
- Her partner is willing to devote themselves fully, and wants to build a solid home base.
- She seeks security, honesty and practicality in a romantic relationship. She appreciates comfort, and being in touch with the world.
- She appreciates a partner who knows what they are doing when it comes to money, including investments, saving, and spending.
- She is perhaps the least sentimental of all the star signs, making it tough for a guy to impress her. She has no time for things like pink flowers, poems, or teddy bears..
- She is focused on the real things and despises superficial gestures.
Top Matches for a Taurus Woman
1. Taurus Woman and Pisces Man
One of the most perfect matches for the bull is the Pisces man. With his emotional, romantic and sensitive nature, he’s a total dreamer to her, at first. However, they make a great pair despite (or maybe because of) how different they are.
He “swims” into her life and helps her get in touch with her more romantic, sensual self. In return, she helps him stay grounded and provides him with a reality check whenever he gets a little too dreamy.
As a couple, they learn a lot from one another and complement each other’s lives. They clash when his sensitive side becomes too much for her logical nature, but they work best when they’re both honest about who they are, what they value in life and each other, and what they expect from the relationship.
2. Taurus Woman and Virgo Man
The Virgo man is another great match for her because of his loyalty, honesty and dedication. A Taurus woman likes how aligned their values are and how much of a perfectionist he is.
He likes to keep his space neat and tidy, likes getting things done, and always has a solution to even the most intricate problem. They’re both practical and logical, which makes them gel really well especially when living together. She knows she can rely on him, which makes her calm and happy.
Arguments arise when his perfectionism get a little too much for her to handle, or when she demands too much of him – which can come across as “smothering”. Overall, they’ve got a great balance together, and can usually avoid petty issues.
They are an easy-going pair who are popular amongst their friends as great hosts. Their union only gets better with time, if they can keep some of their differences in check.
3. Taurus Woman and Capricorn Man
These two are a match made in heaven, at least as far as astrology goes. The Capricorn man is the ultimate protector and provider who gives their life for their loved ones – which isn’t an exaggeration.
He’s intelligent, knows what he wants, and works hard in his career to get where he wants to be. He loves gaining power and status in society, which makes the Taurus woman incredibly attracted to him. He’s dependable and caring, but also a loving and thoughtful companion.
When this pair gets together, all they want to do is stay in and enjoy the comfort of their home – which isn’t at all surprising, considering their mutual love for comfort and security. They aren’t crazy for hosting people or partying; they’re more than happy to spend all their time with one another.
Issues may arise when they acknowledge the need for social contact and networking and try to squeeze in time with friends. To others, they may look like they’re living in a bubble – but trust that this is what they enjoy.
4. Taurus Woman and Cancer Man
Another star sign that is perfectly compatible is the Cancer man. This charmer knows how to woo the practical and down-to-earth Taurus woman, and she just can’t resist his charm.
They both value loyalty and commitment, and know how to be great partners to one another in a long-lasting relationship. The crab is caring, protective and even somewhat possessive – which is perfect for the bull, who appreciates being cared for.
His romantic side keeps her happy, while her practical and loving support helps him focus on the important things in life.
5. Taurus Woman and Scorpio Man
As opposing star signs, Taurus and Scorpio can usually go either way – they can either be crazy about each other or have a huge clash and never want to see each other again. Usually, they’re madly attracted to each other based on their shared sexual nature. They share deep emotions and sexuality, which is rare for other couples in the zodiac.
As signs of fixed quality, they’re absolutely inseparable when they get along, making everyone admire their connection. They represent the pairing of Venus and Mars, so what defines their relationship is the focus on building trust and security.
While the Scorpio man’s emotional nature makes him question everyone’s motives, the Taurus woman is down to earth and supportive – and finds his struggles amusing. She knows what she stands for is so loyal that she cannot possibly be caught in a lie.
When the Taurus stays quiet and reserved about issues, the Scorpio feels insecure, and feels the need to literally interrogate her – often causing clashes in their relationship. There’s a fine balance between these star signs, which, when found, makes this match one for life.
The Bottom Line
While star signs show common characteristics, they never provide the full picture when it comes to relationships and love. While your birth date may show some commonalities with other people of the same sign, it doesn’t define personality as a whole. There are too many factors at play.
It’s important to remember that matches are never a one-size-fits-all. Some matches are completely opposite according to astrology, but get along so well that they stay together for life. Others, with seemingly perfect compatibility, can’t stand one another after a few dates.
The Taurus woman is an earthly creature, who seeks her match by trusting her intuition and following her values. When she finds a man she loves, there’s always a lot more at stake than just love and attraction – she wants loyalty, security, commitment. She wants the whole package, not just someone who will be fun here and now.
If you’d like to find out more about a different Zodiac or other star sign compatibilities, check out our complete guide to Horoscopes – and learn how they impact relationships.