Investing in a fashionable wardrobe is not uncommon for many women.
From purchasing traditional tops and blouses to jeans, leggings, and dresses, wardrobes can grow rather quickly, depending on your own shopping preferences and budget.
However, have you ever wondered how many pairs of jeans each woman owns on average?
On average, it is said that women each own around 7 pairs of jeans.
The price of jeans has always fluctuated with brands as well as with the current trends in fashion.
However, jeans can be found sold brand new in retail for anywhere between $20 to more than $500 per pair, depending on your own style as well as the jean brands you prefer.
On average, jeans today range anywhere from $50 to $80 per pair, although some retailers choose to sell the same brands for lower or higher prices, depending on regional sales as well as the brand being sold.
Jeans, as with any other item of clothing, have changed over time.
The style of jeans has continuously shifted and rotated, although jeans themselves are typically always made from classic denim material.
Some of the most popular styles of jeans that are still worn today include:
- Straight-legged jeans
- Bellbottom jeans
- Cargo jeans/shorts
- Bootcut jeans
- Wide leg jeans
- Ripped/worn jeans
The number of pairs of pants a woman will have in her wardrobe will highly depend on her own personal preferences and tastes as well as any uniforms she is required to wear to work each day.
On average, women may have anywhere between 7 and 8 pairs of pants that they wear, in addition to 2 formal pairs of pants or trousers, depending on style preferences again.
In fashion, jeans are considered casual wear, so they are not very suitable or appropriate for formal settings.
In most instances, it is also best to steer clear of wearing jeans even if you are in a business casual setting or event.
Wearing jeans is appropriate when spending time with friends or even when heading out shopping for casual items such as groceries and household items.
Jeans can also be worn in the workplace by those who are permitted to dress casually while they are at work.
With so many styles of designs of jeans, finding a style that flatters your body shape can help you to look and feel your best.
First, familiarize yourself with some of the most common body types: apple, pear, hourglass, banana, and strawberry.
Using fruit to describe your own body’s measurements and proportions can help to better understand your shape without feeling self-conscious.
If you are an apple shape, some of the jeans that are right for you might include:
- Elastic-waist jeans
- Mid-rise jeans
If you are a pear shape, some of the jeans that are right for you might include:
- Low-waist jeans
- Boyfriend jeans
- Wide-leg jeans
- Tapered-leg jeans
- Bootcut styles to help lengthen the appearance of your legs
- Darker shades of denim to help slim the legs
- Flare or bellbottom jean styles are also ideal for wider legs
If you are an hourglass shape, some of the jeans that are right for you might include:
- Wide-leg jeans
- Flare/bellbottom style jeans
- Black and dark denim to slim legs and curves
- Skinny jeans to complement your hourglass figure
- Low-rise jeans
- Bootcut jeans
Strawberry body shape
If you are a strawberry shape, some of the jeans that are right for you might include:
- Just about any type of jeans, as strawberry bodies look extremely flattering in just about any form of denim
If you are a banana shape, some of the jeans that are right for you might include:
- High-waisted jeans
- Low-waisted jeans
If you have a messy wardrobe or if you are unsure of where to begin, decluttering your wardrobe is often the first step.
When you want to declutter your wardrobe, consider your ultimate goals as well as the amount of space you are interested in regaining and saving.
Once you have decluttered your current wardrobe, you can then begin shopping for pairs of jeans that will last you for years to come without adding unnecessary items of clothing and accessories to your wardrobe to sit unused.
Regardless of your body type and personal preferences, having an array of styles can provide you with plenty of choices, whether you are heading out for a fun afternoon with friends on the weekend or you are planning a casual date.
Some of the most common types of jeans include dressy jeans, comfortable jeans, everyday casual jeans, black jeans, and white jeans.
You can choose which styles are right for you based on your body style as well as the setting you intend to wear the jeans in.
The average cost of a wardrobe in the US is anywhere between $1,000 USD and $2,5000 in total.
However, approximately 23% of all Americans believe their wardrobes are worth more than $5,000 in total.
Typically, women believe their own wardrobes cost anywhere between $1,000 and $2,500, depending on where they live as well as their current income level they are at personally.
However, around 10% of women today believe that they own more than $10,000 worth of clothing and accessories in their closets or wardrobe.
Shopping for jeans is not always an easy task, especially if you have a unique body shape or if you are particular about the style of jeans you prefer.
If you are looking to get the best deals on jeans, consider using local sales papers and joining online groups to keep track of sales from manufacturers and brands that you support.
Waiting for particular sales that occur towards the end of each season is another way to cut the cost of any type of purchase involving jeans and denim.
Finding the perfect jeans for you is possible by trying the jeans on in person before making the decision to purchase them.
While shopping online is much more convenient today, it’s disappointing when the jeans you ordered don’t fit properly.
Because all jeans are not created or manufactured equally, it is best to try them on yourself first.
On average, a woman has anywhere between 20 and 30 shirts in total in her wardrobe, most of which are casual.
Women typically own anywhere from 5 to 7 dress shirts that can be kept in rotation in their wardrobe at any given time, regardless of their age or the income bracket they are in.
While leggings were once thought of as accessories for working out or resting, they have become more commonplace and welcomed in the world of fashion over the past decade.
While in the past, women may have had anywhere from 2 to 3 pairs of leggings in their wardrobe, it is not uncommon for women today to have anywhere from 3 to 5 (or more) pairs of leggings on-hand at any given time.
The benefits of minimizing clutter in your wardrobe
Taking the time to minimize the clutter in your wardrobe will help you to find outfits and styles that are just right for you without digging through tons of pieces and items that you no longer wear.
Some of the most notable benefits of minimizing clutter in your wardrobe and closet include:
- Space-saving: If you are looking for a way to save space when you are cleaning out your wardrobe, you can do so by decluttering. Decluttering your wardrobe is one of the best ways to regain unused space and to use less space altogether while managing your closet and wardrobe.
- See what you own: When you are no longer fighting the daily clutter in your closet, you can actually see all of the clothing pieces and outfits that you own. Having a visual of your wardrobe can help you to create outfits that are truly unique to you.
- Time-saving: Once you have organized and decluttered your wardrobe, you will find it much easier to wade through your belongings and find the outfits and pieces of clothing that you need without wasting time.
When you are out shopping for a new pair of jeans or if you are looking to create an entirely new wardrobe of jeans, casual pants, and formal pants, there are a few tips to keep in mind to prevent overbuying once you begin your shopping adventure, such as:
- Budget: Set a budget in advance before you begin shopping for your new jeans or other pairs of pants. Having a budget in place is the first step for any shopping trip to help prevent overspending and overbuying, even if you have plenty of room in your closet.
- Take an inventory: Taking an inventory of the current pairs of jeans that you own along with other pairs of pants and leggings that you wear frequently can also help before you head out to begin to shop. When you know what types of pants you already own, you can easily avoid overbuying or purchasing similar pants. With an inventory, you will also know which type of pants you need most for a casual or workplace setting.
- Consider your needs: Whenever you are shopping for a new wardrobe or if you want to add new pieces of clothing to your closet, consider your personal needs and what your wardrobe is currently lacking. When you know what it is that you need exactly, you are much more likely to avoid overspending.
- Declutter first: Before you begin shopping for jeans, locally or even online, it is highly advisable to declutter your current wardrobe. Taking a few minutes to even an hour to organize your wardrobe is a way to avoid overbuying new pairs of jeans and pants that you actually do not need.
While not all women have the same sized wardrobe, the average woman does have at least a few pairs of jeans on hand if she has a complete wardrobe for herself at any given time of the year.