Entering the modern dating scene can be intimidating enough with the array of social media apps and the pressure to date a variety of people before settling down.
If you’ve ever dated a womanizer, you may be wondering if it is ever possible for them to fall in love.
While it may seem nearly impossible for a womanizer to fall in love, it is possible for just about anyone to fall in love given the right circumstances and the opportunity to be with the right partner.
A womanizer does not have to remain a womanizer if he is committed to changing his ways as well as his outlook on dating and then women in his life.
A womanizer is a man who enjoys having illicit affairs and/or casual sex with women, even if he is already in a committed relationship or a marriage.
A womanizer may attempt to sleep with as many women as possible and may find it difficult to respect a woman’s boundaries or the feelings of a partner he is already dating.
It is not always easy to tell if a man is a womanizer, as many womanizers will keep their inability to remain faithful to a partner a secret for as long as possible.
You may be able to tell if a man is a womanizer if he exhibits the following behaviors whenever you are around him or even when you are in public together:
- He cannot stop talking about other women and their bodies or how they look.
- It is difficult for him to keep his eyes off of other women, even if he is dating someone or is already committed.
- He is preoccupied with thinking of other women or concocting fantasies about them.
- He makes time for other women in his life and has no problem throwing away plans he has committed to in order to pursue a woman or an illicit affair.
It is okay to date anyone you are interested in as long as they treat you with dignity and respect.
However, you may find this difficult to achieve, as a womanizer will not be as thoughtful or as understanding of his partner’s needs and feelings.
A womanizer may care less about what it is that you are looking for in a relationship, as he is often preoccupied with finding his next love or sex interest.
The only way you may find it okay to date a womanizer is if you are also a womanizer or someone who is open to dating numerous men and other partners at once.
If you choose to date a womanizer, you may be in for a wild ride, to say the least.
Dating a womanizer can cause you to feel as if you are not a top priority or that you are not important to your man, even if you have been together for years.
If you are dating a womanizer, you may find yourself experiencing the following:
- Feeling ostracized, especially when your man is off seeking new women and conquests for his own personal enjoyment and pleasure
- Feeling disconnected from your partner if you are trying to rebuild or repair your relationship after discovering his affair(s)
- Feeling as if you no longer matter, especially when you feel disrespected by the womanizer you are currently dating
While it is not always obvious, there are often some signs that a man is a womanizer.
If you think you’ve fallen into the trap of dating a womanizer, it is important to familiarize yourself with some of the signs and personality traits that are most often connected with a womanizer.
Some signs that a man is a womanizer may include:
- He is always talking about how attractive other women are, even if he is committed to you and supposed to be focused on giving you attention.
- He does not find it offensive when he hears of infidelity or the affairs of others.
- You may notice that he is interested in exploring fantasies with numerous women or even polyamory, especially if he is thinking of cheating or starting up an affair after being in a committed relationship.
- He has a difficult time staying away from other women, mentally or physically.
- He makes excuses for his cheating events and the affairs he has with others.
- He is seemingly oblivious about his past affairs, cheating events, or issues that have come between him and past partners of his own.
- There is always a justification for his actions, and he thinks he is never in the wrong when it comes to the pursuit of love.
A womanizer can fall in love just as any other man or woman can, depending on who he is with and the type of love or relationship he is currently seeking.
A womanizer is more likely to fall in love with a woman who he believes is either out of his league or unattainable, especially if he is interested in illicit affairs with married partners.
A womanizer can fall in love if he truly believes he has met a partner who is open to his lifestyle and who also has the same libido and sex drive as him.
Whether you are dating a womanizer or if you are married to one and have only recently discovered that he is a womanizer, you may want to stop him from acting on his impulses in order to save your relationship.
Unfortunately, it is not always easy for a womanizer to stop behaving the way he does, as his brain may simply be hardwired to be more inclined to find himself drawn to illicit acts and affairs.
If you are serious about stopping your partner from being a womanizer, the first step to talking involves open and honest lines of communication.
You must be willing to discuss the issue at hand directly with your partner who is a womanizer to learn more about his own feelings on the matter.
If your partner denies being a womanizer or is not open to change, you may be better off cutting your losses and seeking a partner who is willing to commit and put in the work for the monogamous relationship you are seeking.
If a womanizer is interested in living a traditional lifestyle and committing to monogamous relationships, he will have to come to that desire on his own.
Attempting to change a womanizer is a waste of time and energy, as it is often more beneficial to focus on finding a partner who is already aligned with your own vision.
A womanizer who wants to stop being a womanizer has a few options, some of which include:
- Therapy: Seeing an individual therapist is one way for a womanizer to learn more about his own actions, behaviors, and impulsive reactions when it comes to women and sex. An individual therapist can also provide helpful and valuable insight into the behavioral patterns of a man who is struggling to overcome his ways as a womanizer.
- Group counseling: Group counseling sessions can also be extremely beneficial for those who identify as womanizers, especially if they are unfamiliar with other men like him who also exist in the real world. Group therapy sessions can provide insight into the inner workings of the womanizer while providing those who are seeking relief with a bit of perspective that comes directly from other womanizers in the area.
- Lifestyle changes: Implementing positive lifestyle changes and positive habits into one’s daily life can also help to remedy negative behavioral patterns and impulsive decisions. Taking steps forward in your everyday life with better habits and healthier habits can go a long way for anyone who is looking to stop being a womanizer.
Although it is not always easy for a womanizer to stop acting on his impulses or give in to his desires, it is possible with hard work and a commitment to making serious changes in your life.
Some ways a womanizer can stop acting on his impulses might include:
- Creating a routine: Setting a routine in place and sticking to it can help a womanizer avoid finding himself in situations that may bring temptation and potential infidelity.
- Setting goals: Setting both short and long-term goals is essential for anyone who is looking to change their behaviors and lifestyles, womanizers included.
- Remain self-aware: Remaining cognizant and self-aware of one’s feelings, emotions, physical responses, and impulses can go a long way for anyone who is attempting to stop their womanizing ways.
- Accountability: Working with a therapist, a group counselor, or even a confidant that you can trust is a great way to remain accountable for your own actions. Having accountability when you find it difficult to control your impulses, responses, or reactions to particular situations can help you to stick to the goals that you have set in place.
Of course, there is hope for someone who identifies as a womanizer as well as those who are unfamiliar that they are living like one.
Hope for a womanizer comes from within and must begin with the individual who is exhibiting womanizing characteristics and behaviors.
As long as the womanizing man is open to change and wants to stop acting on impulses, it is possible for him to find a life where he is comfortable with making real connections and committing to long-lasting relationships with just one partner.
For some womanizers, it may feel next to impossible to get them to understand how they are acting and that they are, in fact, a womanizer.
Some men may deny that they are a womanizer, even if they have all of the history and behaviors to prove it.
If you want to show a womanizer how he is behaving, you will need to do so directly and honestly.
When you want to get your point across to a womanizer, you may also need other women he is interested in to back up your stance. It is not always easy to confront a womanizer who is in denial of his own actions and behavior.